Here are some helpful tips on preparing your pets for a move.
- Animals can sense what you are feeling, so remain calm and allow yourself plenty of time to pack so you won’t be rushing in the end.
- Visit the Veterinarian before you move to get copies of all of your pet’s records.
- Find out the rules of types of pets allowed in the area you are moving to.
- Try not to alter your pet’s routine, feed them and walk them as you usually do.
- If you’re pets’ must be flown, call the airline ahead of time to find out all of the rules, regulations, and best options for transporting your pet.
- Make I.D. tags for your pets, if they don’t already have them.
- Have leashes ready for when you need to lead your pet.
- If you are going to have movers in your house, make a special secluded area to keep your pets out of the way. Give them all of their food, water, and toys in here. And mark the area, so the movers will not disturb your animals.
- Have all pet carriers ready, and try to introduce your pet to the idea of going inside of it.