So you are moving to a new place. Unless the place is brand new or recently renovated, the carpeting may be old and worn out. If this is the case, you probably want to get it replaced before moving in. It is easier to do this while there is little to nothing in the new house.
Here are a few tips to get you started in looking for new carpeting.
- Keeping in mind that you just bought a new place, set a budget of what you can afford to invest in new carpeting.
- If you aren’t going to do the whole place, decide on which rooms you will do and measure them.
- It is a wise idea to replace the areas that will see the most foot traffic.
- Shop around and visit multiple carpeting stores to home improvement stores.
- Ask questions about the lifespan of the carpets you are considering. You often do get what you pay for, so if you can invest in quality carpeting do so.
- Choose the protective padding that will be underneath the carpet.
- Determine which colors and styles will work best in your new place. Take some samples home and compare them.
- Ask about installation rates. It is possible to do it yourself, but unless you are a professional carpet layer, it may come out sloppy.
Find out about store and company warranties.