Tips for Moving from an Apartment to a House.
- Hiring a moving company is totally up to you. You probably don’t have too much stuff to move.
- Decide if you are bringing your furniture with you. This can depend on whether the furniture is yours or belongs to the apartment. And whether or not your furniture is worth taking. Hiring someone to move your ratty old couch might not be worth the hassle. If you have the means, this is your chance the get some newer furniture. And there is a good amount of nice used free furniture on sites like Craigslist and FreeCycle.
- Don’t let the additional space overwhelm you. And don’t think that you have to fill up every open space in the house. Enjoy the clutter free environment.
- As always when moving, use this time to sort through your stuff and get rid of the clutter and all of the things you don’t need or use anymore. Just because you’re moving to a bigger place doesn’t mean you have to bring all or your old junk along.
- Unpack items as you need them and have a general idea of where you will put the items once they are unpacked.
- Don’t rush to furnish and decorate your new home. Take your time and let the place evolve.
- Make plans for your lawn care and gardening. This is just part of owning a home. Your yard should be a point of pride for you as a home owner.
- If you have pets, gradually expose them to the new area. Let them explore the house, but let them know where there new bathroom area is. Once they are used to the house and know where they live, you can consider letting them outside.