The Cost of Owning a Jacuzzi
Much like owning a pool, a Jacuzzi is another luxury item that can add a good deal of cost to your home’s power and gas bills. If you already own a Jacuzzi, are thinking of moving to a new house with a Jacuzzi, or just looking into getting one, here are some points to consider.
- A great way to relax at night or entertain friends.
- Pretty much a miniature pool in the summer.
- A variety of makes and models. Basic tub designs to the fancy multi-jet spas.
- A decorative addition to your house or yard.
- Therapeutic features, such as jets and massage patterns.
- Not easily portable. You can’t really pack it up and take it with you. It may cost more that it’s worth to move it to a new house with you. And in the same respect, hard to move if you want to get rid of it.
- Repairs to the Jacuzzi jets, pumps, filters, and so on.
- The cost of the water to fill it.
- Extra cost on your electric and gas bills.
- General Maintenance and Repair cost.
- The installation cost.
- Cleaning chemicals for the water.
If you already live in a house with a Jacuzzi, you are aware of the extra cost. It needs to be run regularly to keep it functioning, so it isn’t something to just forget about. Like a pool, it needs regular maintenance, or you may face some hefty repair bills. So if you are moving, a Jacuzzi may be the last thing on your mind. But if the places you are considering moving to have one, then there are some extra benefits and downsides to owning one that should considered.