With the summer now over, most people in California have already made their move to their new home or apartment. If you haven't, are you ready to move yet?
Here's some things to keep in mind before your California movers come:
- Make sure to mark which items you'll take yourself, so the movers won't take them or have any questions.
- Make sure you haven't overlooked anything in the house.
- Mark your boxes to be shipped with "Fragile", "Do Not Load", "Load Last" stickers.
- Empty, defrost and clean your refrigerator, freezer and clean your stove, all at least 24 hours before moving to let them air out. Try using baking soda to get rid of any odors.
- Prepare items you will need while your goods are in transit. Pack your suitcases and confirm travel arrangements for you and your family. Try to keep plans as flexible as possible in the event of unexpected delay or schedule change.
- Make sure your agent knows the address and phone number your new home. You should also provide an address and phone number of where you can be reached until you will get to your new home.
- Arrange for payment to your van line agent. Contact your van line agent to inquire about methods of payment accepted.
- Inquire with your moving company or van line agents about protecting your goods.
Hope this helps you on your next home move.