You’re moving and have a TV. to move. What should you do? If you have the original box and packaging great you’re set. But if you don’t here are some tips for packing your television sets for a move.
- Disconnect all of the cables and store them separately.
- Wrap the TV up with lots of bubble wrap and seal it with tape.
- Buy a TV box from your moving company. If you get a box, you still need a lot of packing materials: Styrofoam, bubble wrap, etc.
- Keep the televisions upright. This is especially important with all of the new HD Televisions out there.
- If going on a moving truck, pack them next to soft items like mattresses or bags of clothing. Pack it so that it won’t move around.
- Wrap the TV’s with moving pads or blankets. Try to keep the vibrations down.
- Try not to put any pressure on the screen, besides the packing materials.
- If it is in an unmarked box, be sure to clearly write TV on the side of the box so the movers will pack it properly in the truck.