Hiring House Painters
Before you move into your new house, you’ll probably be selling your current house.
A good selling point to add to the attractiveness of your home would be a fresh coat of paint. Or you may have just bough a fixer upper house and maybe it needs a new coat of paint. Whatever the reason, unless you do all of your own painting, you’ll have to hire some painters.
Here are some tips to follow when looking to hire a painting company:
- Research a few different companies to get some price quotes and estimates. Let them come out and survey the house to be painted. Get all quoted prices in writing.
- Ask the company if they are insured and licensed. Find out what their insurance covers.
- Get estimated completion times from the company.
- Ask for referrals from previous customers.
- Look up the company with the Better Business Bureau. Find out how long the company has been in business.
- Find out if the company does its own work with in house staff, or contracts the job out to other painting crews.
- Ask about the experience level of the painters the company intends to send for your job.
- Do not let them start any work until you have an agreed upon price and terms in writing. So essentially a contract.